For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
His BREATH - Spirit - Breath of God Bears a Testimony Banner. There are three that testify: Spirit, Water and the Blood -- 1 John 5:8. God has formed a pathway to us.
There’s a scripture in Job 36 starting in verse 13:
The godless at heart nourish anger, they do not cry out even when he binds them. They die in their youth, and their life ends among the male cultic prostitutes. He delivers the afflicted by their afflictions, he reveals himself to them by their suffering. And surely, he drew you from the mouth of distress, to a wide place, unrestricted, and to the comfort of your table filled with rich food.
We sometimes have to get to a place of distress before we begin to hear God cry to us. It was there, that I began to think about how God cries out to us. When you look at Rev 3:20, it says: "Behold, Hey or Here I am standing at the door, anyone that hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into him and dine, abide, dwell, rest, (bring restoration) sup (bring supplication) in him and he will in me."
Jesus said "No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draw him: and I will raise him up on the last day." (John 6:44). Unless the Father draws you to His son you can not hear his call. The Father in Heaven throws out a rope of hope, Jesus is our rope of HOPE.
Joshua 2:15 So she let them down by a rope through the window, for the house she lived. Rahab, she took God's kindness the goodness that only comes from God and threw it out as a cloak, a robe, a covering (God's bloodly Rope of Hope and extended the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Rahab had no idea that she was speaking (GOD'S Breath was speaking prophetically in her time.) This robe represented in history a timeline a tapestry of God's eternal goodness towards man. I can just see the words God's breath speak: my goodness and mercy is extended to you. His breath "word" was bracaded in the fibers of that rope. His love is eternal and long suffering. He has extended his heart, his wing, his strong arm and willing hand.
Proverbs 27:13 says, "I would have fainted, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." I believe Rahab represented the Fathers Love. She was a representative of Father God's mercy.
This speaks of his Garden - Water - River of Life bearing a Testimony Banner.
Indeed, the LORD will comfort Zion; He will comfort all her waste places. And her wilderness He will make like Eden, And her desert like the garden of the LORD; Joy and gladness will be found in her, Thanksgiving and sound of a melody.
They will say, 'This desolate land has become like the Garden of Eden; and the waste, desolate and ruined cities are fortified and inhabited.'
The Glory of Zion
The wilderness and the desert will be glad, And the Arabah will rejoice and blossom; Like the crocus It will blossom profusely And rejoice with rejoicing and shout of joy. The glory of Lebanon will be given to it, The majesty of Carmel and Sharon. They will see the glory of the LORD, The majesty of our God.
This speaks of his Road-Blood - Fire and Blood Bear a Testimony Banner
As he is calling us unto himself, he has given us an invitation. He has thrown out his scarlet soaked "rope of hope", extending it out to us, in our time of distress or need. He is our door of hope! He comes to us in our valley of despair! The valley there is a low place, a place of difficulty and trial, a place of affliction. The Hebrew word translated "hope" is Tikvah, which in its root meaning pictures a cord attached to the thing longed for.
God throws "us" a lifeline.
Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the wilderness and speak tenderly to her. There I will give her back her vineyards, and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope. There she will respond as in the days of her youth, as in the day she came up out of Egypt.
Then in the verse Joshua 2, "Then she let them down by a rope through the window, for her house..." She has more fear of God than she had of the fear of man. First God comes into us, then we are invited by his blood, to grab a hold of His rope of hope or His blood soaked carpet (invitation!!).
He makes roads in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
Because I am doing something new! Now you will grow like a new plant. Surely you know this is true. I will even make a road in the desert, and rivers will flow through that dry land.
One day I was wanting to review a quick timeline of bible history for quick reference but couldn't find a good one on the net. This is what I came up with. I put one together myself. I don't of course list everyone in the bible that lived, but those that pertain to those I study. If you see any mistakes don't hesitate to post or correct. For imformation in columns, start with the left column and read down, then the second column, and so on.
Hope you enjoy this! Thanks, Charlotte.
Genesis To 430 BC
- Garden of Eden, Heavens, Earth, Seas
- Adam lived 930 years
- Eve - not sure
- Cain, Abel was born
- Abel dies Seth is born to Adam & Eve
- Seth lives 912 years
- Enosh is next he lived 905 years
- Jared lived 962 years
- Enoch lived 365 years and was taken - He did not die.
- Mathuselah lived 969 years - oldest fellow lived "ever" - Methusaleh died the year of the Flood
- Lemech lived 777 - I love this age. It's the number of perfection
- Noah had Shem, Ham, Japheth at 3000 BC
- Noah commissioned his firstborn son Shem to be the family high priest. Shem later established a school at Mariah that became the central place for Torah study for the post flood generation. According to tradition, Shem called the place Shelem, "perfect" or the bedrock at Moriah. Moriah was called Even ha-Shetiyah, "the foundation stone", referring to the creation of the earth on the first day Isaiah 28:16. Later Abraham called the place Adonai Yireh (God will provide). Mariah was renamed by combining these two to form Jerusalem. Abraham was shown Zion, "The mountain of the Lord" and the future site of the Temple as well as the crucifixion.
- Nephilim appear - this one I will not attempt to explain, but it's sure a good study.
- 2500 BC - Flood 150 days, on the 7th month 17th day ark rested on Ararat, water receded 10th month+40 days open the ark. Just hope I came close to getting this one right. Give me some mercy here.
- Raven went out - left
- Dove went out but came back found no rest + 7 days, then sent it again arrived with a leaf in his beak + 7 more days went out again and it never returned.
- Genesis 21, 22 seed time & harvest.
- People began now to eat meat and before they were plant eaters.
- Covenant was first recognized here. God made a covenant with Noah, but not just Noah, but with every living creature, that was with them - bird, livestock and wild animals. A rainbow will be set in the clouds, it will be a sign of the covenant between me and God and the earth. Man and every creature. He then planted a vineyard.
- Noah lived to be 950 years old, then died.
- Noah's son had many clans and spread out over the face of the earth.
- Job 2100 BC
- Shem - Noah's son
- Terah 2091 BC
- Noah’s son Shem lived until Abraham was 150 years old
- Abraham and Sarah shows up now waiting on the promise to come. (Second time covenant is seen between man and God) (Everlasting Love EloHem) Eternal God.
- Isaac was born (God will provide) Genesis 22. Adondi Yireh seen! To them but not until Ishmael appears first. Rebecca marries Isaac and has Jacob and Esau (1929 BC). (The Lord My God is seen to Jacob)( El Elohe)
- Jacob goes to Uncle and finds a wife from his own clan, marries Leah, then Rachel has an encounter with God. He understands that he now has to know God himself, not just the God of his fathers. (This is where we get the phrase "Abraham and Isaac and Jacob" God reveals his covenant to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob that he will be their God and they will be His people.
- 12 sons and one daughter are born to Jacob.
- Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulon, Joseph, Benjamin, Dinah(daughter)
- Joseph sold to Egypt in 1898 BC
- Moses born
- Ten plagues
- Exodus, Tribes, Tabernacles Built, Priests
- Joshua succeeds Moses
- Israelites cross Jordan
- Sun stands still
- Song of Deborah
- Birth of Samuel
- Hannah’s song
- Samson Delilah 1075 BC
- Saul Becomes King
- David Kills Goliath
- David is King 1010 BC
- David & Bathsheba
- Solomon Ark 1000 BC
- Temple 971 to 931 Solomon reigns
- Queen of Sheba
- Widow of Zaraphath
- Mount Carmel
- Elisha called 858 BC
- Jonah 760 BC
- Isaiah 730 BC
- Joshea 725 BC
- Jeremiah 627 BC
- Daniel 605 BC
- Ezekiel 593 BC
- Fall of Jerusalem 588 BC
- Nebuchadnezzar Dream
- Exiles return 537 BC
- Dedication of Temple
- Vashti Deposed
- Esther becomes Queen
- Ezra 457 BC
- Nehemiah prayer
- Israel seals the covenant
- People settle in Jerusalem
- Nehemiah returns to rebuild walls of Jerusalem 443 BC
- Nehemiah restores law 430 BC
Intertestamental Period: 430 BC - 33 AD
- 332 - 323: Alexander the Great ushers in Hellenism
- 320 - 198: Egypt rules Palestine
- 198 - 63: Syria rules Palestine
- Jesus Christ: 4 B.C. - 33 A.D.
Period of Christian Church: 33-100 AD
- 33 - 34: Apostle Paul converts to Christianity
- 47 - 48: Paul's First Missionary Journey (through Galatia)
- 48: Paul writes Galatians - First book of the New Testament canon
- 48 - 51: Paul's Second Missionary Journey (through Europe)
- 51: Paul writes 1 and 2 Thessalonians from Corinth
- 53 - 56: Paul's Third Missionary Journey with stay in Ephesus
- 56: Paul writes 1 Corinthians while in Ephesus and 2 Corinthians and Romans on his return to Jerusalem
- 57 - 59: Paul is imprisoned in Caesarea
- 60 - 62: Paul's arrival in Rome and imprisonment
- Paul writes Ephesians, Colossians, Philippians and Philemon while imprisoned in Rome
- Gospel of Mark is written
- 62: James, Jesus' brother, leader of Jerusalem church is martyred
- 64 - 65: Paul's Death
- 70: Destruction of the Jewish Temple by Romans
- 70 - 80: Gospel of Matthew is written
- 81 - 96: Christian persecution under Emperor Domitian
- 90: Gospel of John is written
- 100: Death of Apostle John
Names of God
God, Adonai, All in All, Alpha Omega, Annointed One, Beginning and Ending, Beloved One, Branch of Righteousness, Bread of Life, Bread of God Bridegroom, Cornerstone, Christ, Dayspring from on High, Deliverer, Door, Faithful and True One, Faithful Witness, the Last Adam, First and Last, Good Shepherd, Governor, Great High Priest, Head of All Things, Holy One, Holy Servant, Horn of Salvation, I Am That I Am, Image of God, Immanuel, Intercessor, Jesus, Jesus Christ, Jesus of Nazareth, Jesus Son of Joseph, Jesus the Messiah, Jesus of Nazarene, Judge of the Living and the Dead, King of Israel, King of Jews, Kohen Gadol, Lamb of God, Last Adam, Light of the World, Lion of Judah, Lord, Lord of Glory, Man of Sorrows, Master Medeator, Messiah of God, Morning Star, My Beloved Son, Mystery of God, Nazarene, Only Begotten Son, Our Passover, Power of God, Prince, Prince of the King of the Earth, Prince of Life, Prophet, Rabbi, Redeemer, Rejected Stone, Resurrection and the Life, Righteous One, Root of David, Ruler, Savior of the World, Seed of Abraham, Shepherd, Son of Abraham, Son of David, Son of God, Son of Man, Son of the Highest, Son of the Living God, Teacher, the Amen, the Christ, the Loving One, the Deliverer, the Door, the First Born, the Life, the Lord, the Messiah, the True Vine, the Way, the Word, Word of God, Wisdom of God, Yeshua, Yeshua Ben-Yosef, Yeshua Ha-Notzr, Yeshua Minetzeret.
Get Your Ministry Tools Now!